Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Angel or Demon

Unconditional surrender to the occurrence of human foibles, giving hugs when actually, you want to pull out the imaginary guns and be done with someone, stepping over that feeling and wrapping arms around that someone is the closest thing to freedom I have ever felt.

Why do I forget that?

Constantly I am surrounded by the mediated conversations to kill someone else, and even though I prefer the peaceful solution, fairly often, I resort to mental warfare...

For my part, I have decided I am fairly human...and, that it is this aspect which I have to struggle to over-ride, the ‘kill the enemy attitude’ for my supposed survival. It’s a humble lesson every time, but somehow I manage to get there, I work at practising the sooner than later mentality, but then, I get side-tracked in the midst of mayhem and earthquakes sometimes.

However, the ‘other’ party has to agree or I can find myself hugging the air, or worse, flat on my back from the blow of another's stubborn right to stay angry. I like the saying that ‘anger’ is one letter short of ‘danger’. And yet, sometimes I forget this adage for a few days...and then, something comes loose in the cerebrum and I am thankfully inhuman again, almost ‘other worldly’ speaking peace and love and turning into an angel.

Angel or Demon, I decide when I remember to, and even when I don’t.

No comments: