Tuesday, July 26, 2011

From Private Beach to Public Nudity

Okay, I cannot hide it any further. I am one of THOSE.

I began my life with a decided thirst for TRUTH, to discover there was a short supply. Mostly, there are numerous, conflicting, life threatening, mind numbing, irrational, unfounded (but, traditionally held) BELIEFS.

A BELIEF is not a reality. In fact, all BELIEFS are based on MYTH, facts are something that by simple definition can be rationally held by everyone who is alive.

However, more and more, I see people stepping up to act on BELIEFS, just like Anders Behring Breivik who make reality a living hell for an entire ‘fact-less’ planet.

For those who BELIEVE that Breivik's actions can in any way be justified, I hold a very special place in my mind that says, I am sorry you are so sick inside to not be able to balance the too much information you have received from so many sick, amalgamated, cluster-f***ed BELIEFS.

Our BELIEFS are now globalized, televised, and...becoming actualized so that we can all see the results of BELIEFS and their manifestations...

DEATH by those who take them as TRUTH.

I can think of no BELIEF worthy enough to take another’s life. I think people have lost something very important when they resort to violence to provoke, or worse, to protect a world they merely BELIEVE in.

Much of the world has lost control of one very potent mental function...they have lost their IMAGINATIONS, so busy are they BELIEVING something.

John Lennon knew how to IMAGINE properly.

Anders Behring Breivik lost his IMAGINATION to an irrational web of BELIEFS that should frighten anyone to entertain. And, how much more do we all need to WITNESS, before we turn off the pipeline of information that shovels BELIEFS into us instantaneously...

Turn off the pipeline...turn off the television, the mediated spaces, the fascination... and WRITE down your own BELIEFS...take a good look at them, and PUSH DELETE on most of them...especially the ones that tell you this...

That you are in some way more special, more enlightened, more saved, better off, smarter, wiser...AND/OR...that you are the opposite of any of these things.

BELIEVE the only thing you can prove...you are alive.

Many Norwegian youths cannot say that today. They were killed by Breivik for their BELIEFS, because of his BELIEFS...and, to throw ours into the mix to justify and or vilify is simply the destruction of more life. Just like every army in the world sets out to do...KILL those who do not share their BELIEFS, we each do the same by pushing a BELIEF of any kind upon anyone.

This is the result of globalized mediation. The media keeps the hellish fires burning, to fascinate us. And, who cannot be fascinated by this very well laid out script of BELIEFS that Breivik has left for the world to munch on?

I would suspect the answer to that is no one.

Even I have to write about it. But, what I can DECIDE to do is give no more responses to his fallacious BELIEFS and state nothing but the FACTS.

The FACTS are simple and few.

Beivik lost his mind.

He killed a lot of people because he lost his mind to BELIEFS.

The only thing any of us can DO about it...is INVESTIGATE our own BELIEFS and see if we hold any that might prove as destructive as his did...and, if we do...

Push delete...literally and quickly.

Then, IMAGINE something better.

This is not easy to do in overly mediated spaces. Sometimes it means you must walk on a beach alone, with only one person to THINK through.

But, THINK, you must.

What can I prove to be true?

And, if I cannot prove what I BELIEVE, perhaps it does not serve me or anyone else on this planet to BELIEVE in it.

Most of the people on the planet today... simply BELIEVE something that has been handed to them, something time worn, something traditional, something that goes back for generations, BUT...is still no more REAL than Santa Claus.

IMAGINE something different...it’s easy if you try.

And then, don’t BELIEVE it to be TRUTH either, but do everything possible to make it a reality as long as it leaves things just as you are, and just as I am...alive and happy to be so.

And for those who KNEW the victims of BELIEF by Breivik, I hope you will be capable of imagining PEACE, LOVE and HARMONY one day...I know it will be one of the hardest things you might ever have to do, but I employ you to try...and, my promise to you is this...I will try, too.

No comments: